So today on December 3rd I turn 27! Yippee! 27 to me feels like a nice grown up age, and I am happy to be here. And so in my old older age I would like to share 27 things I learned before turning 27;
1. Take care of the ones you love, and they will stay with you no matter how far away you are.
2. Treating your body well will reflect in all aspects of your life.
3. Do what you love and money will come but the stress it puts on you will stay much longer if you decide that only MONEY can give you happiness.
4. Have confidence in yourself and your ideas.
5. Soda and McDonald’s are evil.
6. You can always change your habits, it just takes desire.
7. It’s okay to break the rules, as long as you are good enough not to get caught and you aren’t hurting anyone.
8. Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
9. Time doesn’t heal anything- it’s what you do with that time.
10.Complaining and blaming other people doesn’t help anything, and makes you miserable company.
11.Everything in your life is your responsibility.
12.You train people how to treat you.
13.Forgiveness is for YOURSELF and no one else.
14.You can always be grateful for something.
15.If you aren’t making mistakes, you aren’t trying hard enough.
16.You never really become an adult. You just get more responsibility, and become wiser.
17.Showing emotion is not a sign of weakness. Knowing when it is appropriate is a skill.
18.Being silly is one of my favorite qualities in a person. 😛
19.You should never stop learning, or trying to be a better person.
20.When people show you who they are, believe them.
21.Enjoy the seasons, they are one of the few constants in our lives and can always bring back memories we had forgotten.
22.It’s a comforting feeling to look back and realize your were a dumb ass.
23.Reading lets your inner dialogue run wild. It’s good for the soul.
24.Find the little things to enjoy in the present. Waiting for the future is exhausting.
25.Be the change you want to see in the world. And don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t help fix it.
26.Crying almost always makes you feel better.
27.Honesty is always the easiest route. Even if it’s not in the short term.
Most of my life I have done things that probably been against the common notion. When people expected me to be going great, I nosedived into failure. Just when they thought I wasn’t going anywhere I literally went places. To this day my life has been a journey of good, awesome and fantastic. Most of this year has been the time, when people expected my calls to be of my wedding-invitation calls.
Will I, wont I ?? That’s probably time will tell but at this moment I am happy taking my parents and my extended family for super-expensive shopping trips, paying the bills, rushing through the crowded Mumbai on my way to office, setting some benchmarks at work, learning as much as I can from my revered colleagues, and smiling for pictures as often as I can.
Thank you to every person I love who has taught me something, or encouraged me along the way. Like always I will count by blessings and turn into HIM for everything. J